The Simple Life

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Don’t get me wrong, I love small luxuries like extra cupboard space and having my own sink in the bathroom but sometimes I wonder if I would be equally content with a cozy little cabin – either right on the foot of the shoreline or slap bang in the middle of the woods. I’d have very little choice, I’d have to downsize and reduce my never-ending clutter. Become a minimalist. Maybe one that can live off the earth? Ok, maybe not that extreme, but the thought is very tempting, especially with property prices soaring the city and my commute becoming more sardine-like by the day. I’m using this old railway workingman’s cabin in Otago, NZ as my inspiration for a simpler, more beautiful life.

HG01_Guest_Acom_15

HG01_Guest_Acom_11

Source | NZ House & Garden

3 comments

  1. Um, yes please. I love this space. I became enamored with black houses after our trip to London a couple of years ago, and they are still top of my dream wish-list. Bright white interior, black exterior, minimal. I'm in heaven. What's the kitchen like, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a massive fan of black and white but have never taken the plunge and used it with gusto in our house. I also wondered about the kitchen... I'll do a little digging and see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally downsize in a heartbeat to move to NZ and into a gorgeous place like this. Just say when and I'll have the largest yard sale known to man

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!